Thursday, September 3, 2015

Motivational Poster


In Mr.Sanderl's class we are doing a motivational poster and here are the requirements.
In your motivational poster you have 6 layers. You have two text layers, one for your manifesto and another one for you personal quotes, you have them separate because there two different things and you don't want to be confused which is which. Then you have four images layers. You have your three symbols that you posted on google+ and they represent you. Then your last picture is one of your face, which is called your portrait picture.

Next you have designing requirements, you don't want your to be plain and boring so you add designs. For one of the requirements is a design called kerning. Kerning is make your words bigger and smaller and can make gaps between your sentences and words bigger or smaller. Another requirement we have is triadic color scheme its basically having one color stand out more than the other colors. The next requirement is visual balance this has to do with balancing all your colors and words to make them symmetrical and pleasing to the eye. The final requirement is blending and balancing your text layers and adjustment layers on your four images. You have to make all your pictures cover the whole page with the four pictures you have and making them equal and make sure they don't overlap. Then you have make your words cover the pictures but make sure you can read them and you can see the pictures. This is all the requirements for a motivational poster!  

  The first step I did to complete this project was making up personal quotes,then I put together a personal manifesto in my first blog post. The second step I did was create a photoshop doc., then after I did that I copied and pasted my personal quotes,and manifesto in two different text boxes, I did some kerning, put a font on my words. The third step I did was taking three pictures of symbols that represent me, next my friend took a couple pictures of me, I picked a picture that I though was best.The fourth step I uploaded my pictures to my folder then I put them in different text layers behind my text so I could read them, then I put the pictures on my background so it covers the whole page and I made them symmetrical so they would catch the eye.The fifth step was making my words more read-able so I made the words be outlined in  more black and made the filled the inside of the letters with colors. For step six I did the background a different color. Then I published it to my blog!

The biggest challenge for me was kerning. The reason it was difficult because if I made the words to big the words below would go under the line so you couldn't see it. Then when I would kern the sentences so there wouldn't be any gaps if I made it to small the other sentence would come up and over lap my sentences and looked liked a blob. Another problem I had was there was to many buttons  for me to remember to save my work so I would forget to press a certain button and it would save and then I would have to, of course do it all over again! But how I improved was staying calm and tried to figure it out but if I couldn't figure it out I would ask for help. I'm glad I didn't panic because I would have never finished it if I didn't stay calm. I learn you have to be patient with this certain type of project because everything can go your way or come out the way you wanted.







No comments:

Post a Comment