Friday, October 2, 2015

My Humorous Monologue

In Mr.Sanderl's GT class we are doing another project and this one we will be doing a comedic monologue. I certainly learned a TON of things for this project it was a little difficult,but I figured it out. The most important thing I learned was how to use the camera right. I learned how to keep it clean and to care for it properly like cleaning the lens and screen, to put it back in its case after I'm done filming. Another thing I learned was how to film, what lighting to make the video look clear, and how to move so its not all shaky. After I filmed my monologue and B-roll and learned how to import my videos to finder and iMovie I had to put the SD card in the computer the right with the sticker facing me and putting it in the small hole of the computer. You have to eject the SD card so you don't rip it out and mess it up. Another thing I learned was about a bunch of imovie editing tips. One of the tips was taking the audio out of my B-roll so i can hear my monologue better.Another one was how to speed or slow down footage this feature helped me a lot with my timing so everything could fit perfectly. I'm so glad I learned all these things because I would fail really bad.

Padding is when you give time before you start your video. For example you say rolling press the button then after three seconds you say action so you catch the footage and won't get cut off. After you finish your video you say cut so you finish the ending and the ending won't get cut off as well. Padding is important because it gives it time to capture your footage. You can edit it out the spaces you don't need but it helps a lot and it worth doing.

My weaknesses for this project ways obtaining information and what order to do things because my brain is VERY confusing. Another weakness was for this project was getting all the footage to fit the timing I had but that was impossible. The strengths I had in this project was editing the video because I really needed it. Another strength that I had made me really proud was exporting the video by-myself! FINALLY! So to improve my weaknesses I will try my hardest to remember everything and try really hard to get the right timing. But over all this is my favorite project so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment